Healthy nails are pretty nails – something worth considering if your nails never seem to look good. Fortunately, nails don’t need a lot to be healthy. Dermatologists have long known that nails on a person’s dominant hand grow faster and stronger than nails on a person’s non dominant hand. The reason? The busier hand enjoys an increase in blood supply, which nourishes and prompts nails to grow faster.
Massage also encourages increased blood flow to the fingers and toes. To massage your nails, reach for some heavy hand cream, massage oil, baby oil, or even olive oil. Place a drop or two of the product at the base of the nail, and rub it into the cuticle, up the nail folds, and onto the nail plate itself.Not into manicures and pedicures? No worries. Just make sure to keep nails short and clean.
Beautiful and Health Nails Tips
1. Eat protein rich food for white bands across the nails.
2. Deficiency of hydrochloric acid causes nails to split.
3. Deficiency of vitamin B 12 can lead to dryness, rounded and curved ends and darkening of nails.
4. Eat food rich in zinc to prevent white spots on the nails.
5. Poor metabolism of essential fatty acids causes red skin around the cuticles.